The Animal Adoption Center has rehomed approximately 3,500 animals and counting since the inception in 2004.
How to Adopt
Our goal is to ensure that your new four-legged friend arrives fully equipped with all the skills necessary to make a successful adjustment to their new home and family life. The adoption process begins with an application form and concludes after the successful completion of a two week trial period designed to ensure a smooth transition for the animal and the new adopter.
Step 1: Search our adoptable animals
Browse our animals on our website, Petfinder, Facebook or visit the AAC to meet them in person.
Step 2: Fill out an application
Step 3: Adoption Requirements
- Our dog adoption fee is $175 and the cat adoption fee is $80
- Potential adopters are required to foster for at least one night. Once your application is reviewed and approved we move forward with the adoption! We honor a two-week trial period to make sure your new pet fits in well with your family and lifestyle.
- If during the trial period you find that the animal is not a suitable match the adoption fee will be refunded.
- Any animal adopted from the AAC is always welcomed back if for any reason you can no longer care for him or her at any point in their life.
- Adopters must be at least 24 years old to adopt a cat or dog. If you are under the age of 24 you may be approved on a case by case basis if you have a co-signer that is older than 24 and can accept responsibility if something happens.
- Adopters who rent their home must have landlord approval in order to adopt.
- We welcome out of area adopters, however we require prospective adopters to visit our facility and spend at least one night with the animal.
Step 4: Congratulations! You are the new mom or dad to a fur-baby!
Seniors for Seniors
The Animal Adoption Center launched the Seniors for Seniors adoption program in 2019. It was developed to help senior humans rediscover the joys of having a cat or dog in their lives, and the program places senior cats and dogs (typically over 7 years of age) with senior citizens who are 65 years of age or older.
The Animal Adoption Centers’ expert matchmakers will help you select a companion who fits into your lifestyle and housing situation at a reduced adoption rate of $50 for dogs and $15 for cats. If you are interested in adopting a senior animal, please call us at 307.739.1881 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are more than welcome to fill out a dog adoption application or cat adoption application and we can keep our eye out for a great fit.
Benefits of adopting
- Research tells us that companion animals, such as cats and dogs, can help improve our physical and mental health. By adopting and spending time with an animal friend, you can experience the benefits of lowered stress levels and blood pressure.
- Cats and dogs provide friendship for lonely individuals, and open opportunities for interacting with others which an older person may miss if family is far away.
- The company of a beloved pet has been proven to reduce depression.
- The quiet and doting home of a senior citizen is the perfect match for an older animal looking for a new home.
- Senior animals are often gentler, calmer companionship, and often are already trained.
THIS ANIMAL IS A COURTESY LISTING AND IS NOT A PART OF THE ANIMAL ADOPTION CENTER PROGRAM. PLEASE USE THE... View full description »
Foxy 1 year old female Shepherd mix Foxy is the sweetest wiggly gal ever! She loooves people and gets along... View full description »
Prancer 1 year old male Domestic Short Hair Prancer loooves to rub himself all over people and show you his... View full description »
Dancer 9 month old female Dometic Short Hair Dancer is a lovely lady who is easy going and good with... View full description »
Comet 1 year old male Domestic Short Hair Comet is excited to find a forever home! He is a really... View full description »
Blitzen 2 year old male Domestic Long Hair Blitzen is the most beautiful long haired gentleman! He is a super... View full description »
Jerry 1.5 year old male Labrador mix Have you been looking for a big dopey lab to keep you entertained... View full description »
Jacques 6 year old Chihuahua mix Sweet little Jacques has had his world turne upside down recently. He and GusGus... View full description »
Murphy 6 month old male Beagle mix Murphy is still a young pup ready to melt your heard with his... View full description »
Sweetie 1 year old female Heeler mix Sweetie is a darling gal who was found as a stray in Star... View full description »
Ashford 5 months old, male, DSH Ashford and his sister were part of a Trap and Release program at a... View full description »
Simpson, 5 months old, female, DSH Simpson and her brother were part of a Trap and Release program at a... View full description »
***THIS DOG IS NOT IN THE AAC PROGRAM*** PLEASE USE THE CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW. This beautiful brindle is Babbs.... View full description »
Kitty 8 year old female DSH Kitty is the prettiest little lady this side of the Mississippi. She was adopted... View full description »
***THIS DOG IS NOT IN THE AAC PROGRAM*** PLEASE USE THE CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW. Emmie is 10 years old.... View full description »
TWO SPECIAL NEEDS CATS DESPERATELY NEED A HOME My husband and I are desperately searching for a home for two... View full description »
***THIS CAT IS NOT IN THE AAC PROGRAM*** PLEASE CONTACT HIS FOSTER PROVIDED BELOW. Bubba is 11 and beautiful and... View full description »
Rachel 4 year old female Domestic Medium Hair Rachel was surrendered in Green River before arriving at the AAC. She... View full description »
Janice 1 year old female Domestic Medium Hair Janice was found as a stray in Green River before coming to... View full description »
***THIS DOG IS NOT IN THE AAC PROGRAM*** PLEASE CONTACT HER FOSTER PROVIDED BELOW. Located in Dubois Wy please call... View full description »
Viola, 9 months, female, Calico DSH My name is Viola and I am a 9 month old juvenile, female, DSH... View full description »
Jasmine, 2 years old, female, Domestic Medium Hair Jasmine is a sweet girl that was found as a stray in... View full description »
Poblano 1 year old female Domestic Short Hair Poblano was found as a stray in Idaho Falls before being transferred... View full description »
Chaco 1.5 year old male Domestic Short Hair You may remember Chaco from Summer of 2019. He was adopted out... View full description »
My name is Teva and I am a 3-year-old, female, Domestic Short Hair! I arrived at the AAC after being... View full description »